Regular exercise while trying to achieve body composition changes is key to everyone’s success. But there are so many different options for training out there, and to be honest, they aren’t all ideally matched to achieving the best results.
To ALL of my clients, I recommend prioritizing strength training. There is a place for cardio too, but it will not have the same impact upon your results that strength training will.
Committing to a well structured and progressive strength training program will enhance fat loss results (and help make them stick once the dieting phase is over), will drive hypertrophy and strength results, and will truly improve overall health and quality of life.
While I don’t offer strength programming, I do refer my nutrition clients out to sources of strength programming that I’ve used myself and that I trust.
As a strength coach, I offer private in person or online sessions to go over new exercises with clients and to help individuals improve technique.
Here are my recommendations for Strength Programming:
- Purchase a self-guided program
- Join the Chocolate Chip Kettlebell Club (kettlebell training)
- Join the Funfetti Squat Club (Barbell and kettlebell training)
- Powerlifting (Strength focus)
- Powerbuilding (Hypertrophy and Strength focus)
- For those looking for specific Strongfirst style training programs (for kettlebell, barbell, or bodyweight)
- Specific programming offered for SFG 1 preparation
- Specific programming offered for Simple & Sinister
- Self-guided Kettlebell 101 for beginners
- Self-guided programming for individual sport lifts
- Great for building resilient joints through mobility and strength work
- Excellent for runners and high impact athletes (also great for those who want their joints to “age well”)
- Three program levels: Knee Ability Zero/ Dense Programming/Standards Program